The anticipation of a lifetime together comes to an increasing rush during the weeks leading up to your wedding day. With all the planning you have to do causing you to wonder: Is an engagement session really necessary?
Getting your engagement photos done with your photographer is important for several reasons: First, this time allows you to get comfortable in front of the camera with your photographer, figuring out how you work best together before your wedding day. Next, you can showcase your personality in a more casual setting while creating some fun images to use for wall portraits, your wedding sign-in book, thank you cards. If you get your engagement photos done early enough, you can even use them for your Save the Date cards or wedding invitations. You can make a unique coffee table book from your engagement photos to pair with your wedding book to complete your love story from beginning to end.
Best of all, you will remember this special time forever away from the throngs of loved ones and friends on your wedding day. This is your time together!
Here are just a few location ideas to get you thinking about your next engagement shoot…
- At the place of your proposal: What a better way to capture an engagement than the place where it all started!
- Your favorite restaurant: Meaningful memories happen with food, ambiance and your special song playing in the background
- Doing your favorite activity: You both enjoy playing checkers. What better way to capture your real personality than in the heat of competition – the agony of defeat, or the comedy of contemplating your next move?
- Seasonal: Catch the nuances of the seasons, including everything from a winter wonderland, to leaves of fall, to flowers in spring, to the lush green summers in nearby beautiful fields and forests.
- Go with your adventurous side: If you love the outdoors and have a wild side to you then how about climbing the Camel Back Mountain in Arizona, hiking the small yet mighty Mount Pleasant in Lancaster, Ohio, or take a stroll through the endless trails of your local metro parks. Wherever it is…”have camera will travel” is our mantra!
If you’d like to get more tips on where to go or other engagement shoot ideas just contact us and we’ll send you our free Wedding Magazine!
So now that you know where to go, what should you wear? When it comes to wardrobe simple is best and keep it comfortable. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable and confident. Some clients like to dress their best, while others gravitate toward bold patterns and a more casual style. Our goal is to capture you in your element so feel free to get creative with your wardrobe and 1-2 outfits per session is usually best!
Here’s a style tip: while it’s great to compliment your future spouse in photos, by no means do the two of you need to wear matching outfits. If your other half is more comfortable in solid colors, try choosing something with a little texture. Patterns are a great way to add contrast to your images. Don’t forget to layer up for added depth. Be creative and let your unique style shine through!